Thursday, September 9, 2010

NP Lip Gloss Compact

Couple of weeks ago when I went to Target, I saw couple of NP (Napoleon Perdis) Lip Gloss Compact in the clearance section. The first thing I did is to see the color choices and if they were tainted with fingerprints... hehe~ :X They only had two color choices, light pink and peachy color, and both of them weren't tainted... woo hoo~ I decided to get the peachy colored lipgloss (I've been into coral/peachy colored these past two summers).

The best part is it was 75% off the original... woo hoo~ The compact comes in a white, simple compact. It's very sleek looking in my opinion... hehe~
When you open the compact, you have a mirror. It's really nice with the mirror. :) I just wish they had a small lip brush instead of carrying one. I guess it wouldn't matter to a makeup artist, but for personal use you have to carry a lip brush which can be inconvenient depending on the person... hehe~

Product Review: NP Lip Gloss Compact in Vanuatu

Where can you purchase this: Target and Target website
Price: $10 for 3 g/0.105 oz. (I got mine 75% off at $2.50)

Made in Los Angeles, CA.

Information on the back: Supersize your gloss with this captivating compact What's in it for me Sunflower Seed Oil moisturizes with each application.

Ingredients:

My thoughts: I was really excited that I got this lipgloss for really cheap!... wheee~ Then I swatched the lipgloss at home and kind of had mixed feelings... lol~ :X
I thought the color of the lipgloss is pretty but I wasn't excited about all the gold specks of glitter. Then I tried it on my lips and fell in love!!!... lol~ The color is a light, peachy colored on my lips. I have very light pink lips and anything I put on my lips tend to turn on the pink side. I was pretty impressed I saw some peach colored!!! ;) It also looks frosty and I tend to stay away from frosty colors. It wasn't overwhelming but had a slight tint of frost which made the lipgloss really pretty! The best part is it's really not sticky and last a long time.

Pros:
* It has a sleek looking compact with a mirror.
* It's not sticky and lasts a long time.
* Gorgeous color, slight true on the lips.
* Frostiness isn't overwhelming.

Cons:
* It doesn't come with a lip brush.
* It has glitters, you can feel it slightly when you rub your lips.
* It's has a slight frostiness.

Would I buy this again: Possibly.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

9 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

very cool!

Gaby Fauchon said...

I agree, the compact looks sleek! And the gloss looks yummy =D

Shop N' Chomp said...

75% off? Niiice! I haven't tried this brand but I love the peachy gold flecks this gives.

Knowing what you know now, would you buy it still if it weren't on sale?

Anonymous said...

what a bargain, looks pretty!

Kalmo said...

Cool find Alyssa! I always check stuff in the Target clearance section too because people always mangle them LOL.

The color looks so pretty and the packaging is nice. :)

Didi said...

What a great deal!

Diane said...

Great find! That's why I love Target you never know what you're going to find. I've never tried any NP products but I have seen them in a couple different places. You're not crazy about the gold specks? Haha that's my favorite part.

noone said...

nice product, I like them a bit frosty and glad to hear that it isn't overwhelming. neat review!

DinaXYYan said...

The shade is so pretty! Thanks for the review ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...