Monday, May 2, 2011

WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to meet a wonderful PR who gave me a chance to review WEN products.

Here are the products I received. For this post, I am going to review cleansing conditioner on the top left.

Before I review, let me briefly talk about the CD/DVD.
Unfortunately, I was not able to view it either on my computer or DVD player. I am not too sure why, but my guess is on my side. :X I'm having computer problems at the moment. I'm guessing this CD/DVD is an introduction to the WEN products. I could be wrong about that! Even though I wasn't able to view it, I thought the cover was gorgeous. Each page has a picture with beautiful people with beautiful hair. I was very drawn to the pictures.
This is the front of the CD/DVD.
The back of the CD/DVD.
I also thought this was cool. When you life the CD/DVD, there's an introduction of his storyline of how the WEN products came to be and his signature.
Product Review: WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

Where can you purchase this: Chaz Dean Studio or online at chazdean.com
Price: $52 for 32 oz.

Made in USA

Description on the back: WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner was created with the perfect balance of herbs and natural ingredients, to not only cleanse your scalp and hair but to also moisturize, add sheen and body. WEN is designed to eliminate the harsh effects of shampoo, without sacrificing the integrity and beauty of your hair. WEN is the only cleanser/conditioner you will need to use in your daily routine, and can be used as often as necessary.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
My thoughts: I wasn't expecting such a big bottle, but I feel very fortunate to receive the biggest cleansing conditioner! I was also excited to try this product out. I heard great things about WEN products. People told me how clean their hair felt afterwards, as well as, how soft. How could you not be excited to try this product after hearing that! :)
The first thing that I noticed about this cleansing conditioner is that it's not liquidly like a lot of shampoos, but it's more thick like conditioners. It really intrigued my interest since it's a versatile product. Most people use shampoo and then follow with a conditioner. With this product, you only need to use one step and you're done. It also saves time spent on the hair in the shower, as well as, the cost of water.

Not only that, you can use it for other things. You can use it for shaving cream, leave-in conditioner, and you can even use it on your pet. Yes, your pet. It's not harsh or full of elements which is great for pet hairs/furs. I have not used this on Tobey, but I might in the future.

The direction on the back says to rinse hair thoroughly, then apply 8-15 pumps of WEN to your palms and rub together. 15-20 pumps for longer/thicker hair. Apply to your scalp, massaging vigorously and add a splash of water to create a foaming effect. WEN has no detergents or Sodium Laurel Sulfate, so it won't lather. Massage vigorously for 1-3 minutes, comb through hair, and leave for 3-5 minutes for maximum conditioning. Comb through and rinse hair thoroughly, massaging scalp and running fingers through to the ends. Repeat if necessary. Apply a dime size as a leave-in conditioner, if desired.

That's quite a lot of product, 15-20 pumps for longer/thicker hair. :/ If I did that, I would use up this cleansing conditioner really quickly! The first time I only used 8 pumps and my hair felt clean and soft. After a day, my hair was really oily which is unusual for me. It would usually take two days, but it only took one day. I decided to try the 15 pumps to see if that made a difference. It sure did! My hair took three days before it started getting oily. Yes, I waited to see how long it would take for it to get oily. What a beauty blogger would do for beauty products. :P It's definitely worth it to follow the direction of the product.

The smell of this product is delicious. It smelled like mint and I'm usually not a mint person, but this smell is divine. I did not smell any almond at all. :/ It wasn't also sweet to my definition. Who knows I might have a sweeter taste than some of you guys. :P The smell of mint on my hair lasted as soon as I towel dried my hair but it smelled good in the shower.

Other than the smell, it has a refreshing cooling sensation as soon as you apply onto your hair. It reminded me of getting a hair wash at the beauty salon. You know that little sink you put your head into and they wash your hair. Whenever I get that done, I get goose bumps from the cooling sensation on the scalp. I felt that way without the goose bumps. It felt great! :)

If you're looking for a lather, foamy type of product then this might not be for you. It lathers but not to the point of being foamy. Even though it does not foam, you can feel the lather or at least I can. :)

Pros:
* It comes in a pump; easy to get the cleansing conditioner.
* Not harsh on hair.
* Element-free; no detergents or Sodium Laurel Sulfate.
* Use one instead of two products; shampoo and conditioner.
* Versatile product; can be used for other things.
* Smells like mint.
* Refreshing, cooling sensation.
* Lather.

Cons:
* It's expensive.
* Use 15-20 pumps for long/thick hair.
* Can use the product quickly with the amount of pumps you need.
* Does not foam.

Would I repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

If you want to visit his studio, here's his information.
WEN
Chaz Dean Studio
6444 Fountain Ave.
Hollywood, CA 90028
(323) 467-6444
chazdean.com

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

9 comments:

Shop N' Chomp said...

I'm using Wen right now too! You're lucky for getting it free. =D I was surprised by the amount that they direct you to use b/c it is not mentioned anywhere in their infomercials.

(I think exfoliating daily would be too much so I say weekly)

Jenni said...

lol what can i say....the CD cover photo is *HOT* O_O

DinaXYYan said...

Thanks for the review! For product that will used up quickly, it's quite expensive for the price but it doesn't hurt to splurge once in a while I guess? hehe...

Diane said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize you needed to us so much product! I see the commericals and advertisements and thought you just used the same amount as regular shampoo and cond. Hahah even after all that I still want to try it. LOL

Shop N' Chomp said...

Sweet Almond Mint was the first one I tried and now I'm using Tea Tree. I like the Sweet Almond Mint more.

I have a link to the Oprah segment in my post. He doesn't say whether it should be dry or not. Probably best to just follow the instructions on the product.

Jenni said...

coz...i can't associate why such products need a CD XD...and oh my u need 15-20 pumps for long hair? seriously that's a bit time-consuming just to pump, haha

Anonymous said...

wow it so nice to get free full samples to try! sounds like a good product to use!

Debbie said...

I've never even heard of this. But, that's a tad too expensive for my taste!

Tammy said...

I personally like the Sally Beauty Supply version of this better, it's called Hair One. It's amazing how soft and shiny a cleansing conditioner can make your hair look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...