Thursday, June 7, 2012

Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive more products from Reviva Labs. I already reviewed Reviva Labs Stem Cell Booster Serum. I'm still using the serum at the moment, not much left, and loving every bit of it! Now I'm going to review their new makeup primer...

Product Review: Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

Where to purchase: Ulta and revivalabs.com
Price: $19.50 for  1 fl oz/ 29.5 mL

Made in USA

Description on the back: If you're satisfied with how you look in makeup, wait till you see how good you look with Reviva's NEW MAKEUP PRIMER under your makeup. Use Over Moisturizer Or Directly Under Makeup.

* Fills in lines, conceals pores, controls excess oil.
* Helps skin instantly look and feel smooth and silky.
* Helps makeup foundation last longer. (safe under eye shadow, too)
* And COQ10 adds protective antioxidant action.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: When the PR asked if I wanted to review any more products from their line, I was extremely excited since I had such great result from their serum! She recommended the makeup primer. I thought it didn't hurt. To be honest, I was actually pretty intrigued since she said it's been getting great reviews. When it comes to primers, I'm pretty picky. I guess I should talk about my imperfections. I have some wrinkles especially on the forehead that needs some covering before foundation or in my case BB creams. I also want to cover up my huge pores on my nose. If a primer cannot cover my imperfections, I don't see a point in it.

Before I talk about the product, let's start with the first impression. It's a pretty simple bottle and it fits with their brand. It's an exact bottle as the serum that I own. One thing bad is when they're together, I cannot distinguish them unless I read the bottle. I've only done this once. :X I grabbed the bottle and pump some product out thinking I'm ready for the primer. I ended up getting the serum. This is my mistake, and now I know which one is on the left and on the right. ;) Even though, I made a mistake of grabbing the wrong bottle. I like how they're all packaged similar. It just fits the brand or at least my experience packaging is the same with most brands.

I also like that the serum comes in a pump. First, it's sanitary safe. Secondly, most primers come in a tube which you need to squeeze out. By squeezing, you can squeeze more or less of the product. With the pump, you get even amount of product. For me I only need to pump twice for my face.
One thing cool about Reviva Labs is that they have the expiration sticker on the bottom of the bottle. It's so helpful to know when you need to stop using the product. Most products have it on the box which isn't a great idea since most people throw away their box or at least I know I do.

Now for the product itself...
The product has a clear, thick consistency. In other words, it kind of looks like a gel while pumping. As you apply it on your face, it's very smooth and spreads easily. Once it's absorbed, you can apply makeup on top.
My fear is that even though it applies smoothly and feels like a baby's skin, I was scared it wouldn't cover up my imperfections. I was pretty impressed after applying my BB cream that I can hardly see the pores on my nose. My nose looked smooth without any craters. By the way, it's kind of embarrassing showing you my flat nose but I wanted you to see the results. ;)

Not only is it for your face, you can use as an eyeshadow primer. To be honest I was pretty scared to try it as an eyeshadow primer since I have oily skin! The only primer that works for me is UDPP. I have creasing with other eyeshadow primers. I was pretty impressed it works as well as UDPP! I hardly saw any creasing until like 8 hours later and it was barely any there.

Pros:
* Comes in a pump; sanitary safe.
* Accurate pumping.
* Comes in clear bottle you can see how much product you have left.
* Expiration date on the bottom of the bottle.
* COQ10 adds protective antioxidant action.
* Fragrance-free.
* Non-comedogenic.
* Feels smooth.
* Spread easily.
* Covers imperfection; fills in lines and conceals pores.
* Can be used as an eyeshadow primer.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Reviva Labs products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

miemiemie said...

thanks for responding dear! i live in koreatown. haha i cut my bangs to blend in here..just kidding haha

i've been eyeing the shiseido sunscreens on ebay. when i have extra money i'll definitely try it. wearing bb creams during this weather is pretty annoying.

❤~ WinWin ~❤ said...

nice review.. i am also looking for good makeup primer for my bridal makeup...

Love,
Winwin
http://princessdisry-winwin.blogspot.com

Reena said...

I've been scouting out for some nice primers to use for a certain occasion, this one catched my eye.
I like the consistency of the primer, its light to use. Hope this one works on me =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...