Sunday, September 9, 2012

b.liv Mask in Bright Is Right

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was fortunate to receive different masks from b.liv. This will be my first sheet mask review from b.liv, and I'm so excited to tell you about it! Before I review the sheet mask, let me tell you a little about b.liv. I guess you could say b.liv is a daughter company of Cellnique. Cellnique is a brand that is located in Asia, but anyone can purchase them online. If you're curious about Cellnique, I have reviewed some products from them so feel free to read them. Now going back to b.liv, here's what they represent.

'LIVE the moment! b.liv is about confidence as we are seeking to inspire young people to believe in themselves and motivate them to make a difference not only in their skincare but also in their lives. The name "b.liv" is not just a contraction of word "believe" but also a union of the words "be" and "live" aiming at forming a life style motto that encourages b.livers to "live" the moment.'

I took this from their website, because they said it well! :)

Where to purchase: cellnique.com/bliv
Price: $15 for a box (7 pieces)

Made in Singapore

Description from the back: Bright Is Right miraculously lightens your complexion and heightens its reflective properties by refining and smoothening skin texture, ensuring skin glows with a new transparency. Its Nano-Pearl Protein regulates pigmentation and revitalizes your skin, while its moisture-retaining ingredients provide instant hydration.
Ingredients:
Key Active Ingredients:
Thoughts: When it comes to masks, I prefer sheet masks over mask that comes in a tube. My experience most of the sheet masks are for people who are worried about aging skin, as well as, need hydration. Mask that comes in a tube are aimed for people who want to decrease their pores. For that reason, I prefer sheet masks since I need hydration from having dry skin and my concern of aging. If you have dry skin, I recommend sheet masks. If you have oily skin, go for mask in a tube. If you're in-between, I would say you can go for both but it all depends how often you get acne and your pores. It all depends on your skin specific needs.

I received several different masks from b.liv, and this was the only one that did not come in a box. For that reason, I don't have a picture of the box.
Here's a close up picture of the sheet masks. It has black pearl, silk protein, and camu camu extract. I have never heard of camu camu until now. It's great learning new ingredients!
One thing I love about b.liv sheet masks is that the expiration date is actually on the package of each sheet masks. Since I have so many products, I have a tendency to use a little and move onto another product. When I come back to a product, I get scared because I have no idea when the expiration date is. I don't have to worry about this.

Now for the sheet mask itself... Each sheet masks come with a paper folded inside the package. If you've used sheet masks in the past, you will know what I mean. If not, sorry I did not take a picture. I'm glad it came with a paper because the masks are drenched with serum. It's actually a good thing, because without the paper it'll be hard to separate to put on your face.

As you can tell from reading, it's full of serum. Love it! The serum is the thing that helps improve your skin. Even after you use the sheet mask for a good 20-30 minutes, you have the serum leftover on your skin. You leave it until it sinks into your skin. Another thing I do with the leftover serum in the packaging, I actually apply that on my neck and chest. It'll help the aging skin. :) One thing I recently learned with this product is that after you do the mask, you don't need to do the nightly routine like moisturize with a cream. You're done and you let the serum do its work overnight!

Before I tell you about the results of the sheet masks, let me describe the dimension of the mask.
This is not the best picture of myself, but you have an idea how the sheet masks look. I noticed the sheet masks dimension is made for someone with wide face. It goes past my hairline to my hair. I'm not too sure why, but you can move the sheet masks around to fit your face. I guess that's better than having a sheet mask that smaller than your face. You cannot maneuver it. I also like that it comes with no eye piece, it's just a circle. I like the idea that I do not have to fold the eye area. I also noticed the sheet mask is clear.

Now for my overall opinion... Once I take off the sheet mask, I love how glowy and young my skin looks. I also love how it looks in the morning. I notice less wrinkle under my eyes, as well as, my forehead (my problem areas). My freckles seem to be less noticeable and the pores on my nose isn't noticeable at all. The best part this hydrates my skin. With all sheet masks, it only last a day. Now I can see why the website say one mask a day. If I use it for everyday, it might be a different story.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety that you can choose.
* Key ingredients to aging skin and hydration.
* Lots of serum.
* Comes with paper backing.
* Dimension of the mask is wide, but you can work with it.
* Don't need to do nighttime routine.
* Skin looks glowy, young, and less noticeable wrinkles and pores.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores, have to order online.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...