Monday, June 24, 2013

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Feather Water Decal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Born Pretty Store is mostly known for their nail products from polishes to stickers. I was fortunate to receive feather water decals stickers.

Product Review: 11 Pieces Colorful Feather Nail Art Water Decals Stickers

Where to purchase: bornprettystore.com
Price: $4.73

Description from the website:
Nails Application:
1. Trim, clean and polish the fingernails; paint the background color on the fingernails and dry it out.
2. Remove the film of product, cut out the patter and plunge it into water 10-20 seconds.
3. Moisten the fingernails, stick the patter in position.
4. Sop up the water with a paper towel and blow dry.
5. Cap with clear nail polish and blow dry.

Warning: keep reach out of children

Tattoos Application:
1. Clean and dry the skin completely.
2. Cut out the design of your choice and remove the film.
3. Tattoo face down on skin.
4. Rub and wet the tattoo completely with damp cloth or sponge.
5. Peel the corner of the tattoo gently to check if it has transferred. If not, press down and wet again.
6. Your tattoo can last for several days if transferred carefully.
7. How to remove the tattoo rubbing cold cream or baby oil alcohol will remove the tattoo instantly.
Thoughts: When I received the product, I wasn't too sure what to expect. The stickers are cute, but I wan't too sure if I can pull it off since I'm not the best when it comes to nail arts.
Here's a closer look at the sticker. There are 11 different types of feathers.
Here's a more closer look of one of the feathers. If you look on the top left corner, I pulled off the film. I also apologize for not the best quality picture. It was hard taking pictures of sticker that wasn't smooth. Even though the sticker was not smooth, it does not make an impact on the nail art.

Here's a couple of looks I did with the stickers...
Look #1:
The feather came out cute, but the newspaper ink on the background was a total fail! Please ignore the background. :X

Look #2:
The feather came out cute in this one too. I also like the stripe in the background.

Now for my overall opinion... The feathers are high quality product. It's very colorful, extremely detailed, and looks like a professional artist designed it. It's also very easy to apply on the nails. If I can do it, anyone can. If you make a mistake (which I've done), just apply top coat on top of it. It will smooth out the edges to make it look smoothly. The best part is knowing the sticker does not rub and come off. I've had my nails for a week and the sticker only comes off with the chipping of the nail polish.

Pros:
* Varieties of feathers.
* High quality product.
* Very detailed.
* Easy to use.
* Top coat smooth out the edges.
* Does not rub off.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* Can only purchase online.

Would repurchase: Yes!!!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchase. I am not affiliated with this website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Ahleessa said...

I'll tell you what I do. After I put the sticker in the water, I slide it off the paper with my fingers. It's easier that way for me. I hope that was helpful!... hehe~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...