Sunday, February 2, 2014

January Favorites and Finished Products 2014

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Maybelline, Urban Decay, KKCenterHK, Lush (cleanser and shower gel), touch in SOL, Bath & Body Works, and Perlier. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

My first favorites and finished products for 2014. Wow, where does the time go! I know I say this all the time but it really reminds me how fast life is.

January Favorites
Physicians Formula Ulta-Hydrating Day & Night Cream: This was one of my favorites last month, December. Compared to last month, it was a life saver! Either one singular product or a combination of few dried out my skin. It was red, dry, and you could see my skin falling off. Not only that, it was painful. I had to stop all the testing and use a really hydrating cream.

Maybelline Hello Kitty X Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara: Not only is the packaging adorable, it really worked well on my straight Asian lashes. It held my curl, as well as, gave me volume. My lashes really stood out or at least I think so. You can read my thorough review and how it looked on me.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Pops: I'm so in love with this lipstick! It applies like butter and feels like lip balm. Not only is it creamy, it's pigmented as well. The color is gorgeous and I can see this looking good in all skin color. It'll definitely be lighter on darker-tone lips compared to my pink lips, but I think everyone should try one NYX Butter Lipstick. Feel free to read my thorough review, a swatch, and how it looks on me.

Urban Decay Naked3: This was also one of my favorite products last month, December. When a friend gifted me this palette, that's all I've been wearing. I haven't played with other palettes or eyeshadows since. I definitely need to give some love to others.

KKCenterHK Synthetic Fiber Nail Art Brushes: It's my first nail art brushes and I'm so excited to play with them! I already tried couple of the brushes and I realized I need practice. Other than practice, they're so fun and I can see why people would want to purchase these. You can read my review and see not-so-great nail art.


January Finished Products
Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser: For the last several months, I've been using Lush Let The Good Times Roll. Since it's an exfoliating cleanser, I did not want to use it on my Clarisonic. Now that it's time for me to move onto another cleanser, I went back to the cleanser that came with my Clarisonic. It felt nice to go back to using the Clarisonic. On the packaging, it said it's good for normal/oily skin individuals. I did not find it bad even on dry skin individuals like myself. It wasn't drying, and it made my skin feel smooth and clean. The only reason why I would not go back to this cleanser is knowing it's for oily skin individuals. I'm scared they might have a drying factor and that's what I avoid as much as possible.

Would repurchase: No.

Lush Let The Good Times Roll: I've used this exfoliating cleanser for several months, and it's pretty decent. Not only does it clean my face, it's hydrating and smells good. I really enjoyed using this product and it felt great to know that it's all natural. The only thing that holds me back is knowing the product expires after 3 months. I had more than half the product left, and think it's such a waste. You can read my thorough review and you can see a swatch.

Would repurchase: No.

Nivea Soft Moisturizing Creme: I always get curious about products and I bought this some time ago. I think more than a year ago. :X It was clogging up space in my closest, and I thought it was about time to make some space. It's very thick which is good for my skin, dry, and hydrating especially for winter weather. To be honest, I never noticed any scent in this product. Then again I never sniffed the product. I just applied it on my skin. My sister-in-law mentioned how strong the scent is. If you're not into products that smell, this isn't for you. Other than hydration, I didn't notice anything else.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

touch in SOL No Poreblem Primer: This was a sample I received in a kit. It's a very silicon-type of primer. You only need a little to blend onto the skin. From my experience, silicon-type of primers do not absorb onto the skin but covers. That's why they are good for people with imperfections. It layers a canvas that you can apply foundation on top of. You can read more of my thoughts on this product.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Maybelline Hello Kitty X Volum' Express Cat Eyes Mascara: This is a limited edition mascara and for that reason, it would be hard to find the Hello Kitty version. You can still get the normal version if you look online. Not only was it one of my favorite products of the month for January, it worked really well on my Asian lashes. It held my curl and gave me volume. You can read more about the product here and how it looked on me.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Lush Slammer Shower Gel: It's a light body wash that creates foam and cleans your body. A little goes a long way. It's also not drying even for dry skin individuals and thankfully, it doesn't expire within months. You can read more on my review and swatch of this product.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Bath & Body Works Body Lotion in Carried Away: This is a travel-sized body lotion that I carried in my car. Other than lip balms, the other product I have everywhere (car, work, home, etc...) is travel-sized lotions. I always need hydration on the lips and hands. This came in handy but it's not the most moisturizing during the winter weather. I tend to love their creams more than lotions from Bath & Body Works. They're more thick and hydrating for dry skin individuals. Even though it's not moisturizing during winter time, it's great for the other seasons. I also loved the scent. It's light and feels summer-like. I didn't think it smelled like flowers but more so on the fruity.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Perlier Imperial Honey Body Butter: In all honesty, I wanted to love this product but I couldn't. For one thing, it wasn't my type of scent. It smelled like wood chips. It's very musky and I don't tend to go for that smell. Other than the scent, I didn't like how it melt onto my skin. I think this body butter is better on normal to oily skin individuals. People with dry skin instead of absorbing onto the skin like butter, it flaked. You could see little chunks of white residue. After a minute or two, I wouldn't see the white residue anymore. I'm not too sure if it flaked off or got absorbed. I found it strange. It's also hard to blend onto the skin. You can read my thorough review.

Would repurchase: No.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Maybelline, Urban Decay, KKCenterHK, Lush (cleanser and shower gel), touch in SOL, Bath & Body Works, and Perlier. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Ahleessa said...

That'll be amazing if I finished the Naked palette!... hehe~ :P Yes, I love the Naked palette but I cannot see it anywhere close to being finished. I hardly see a dent. :/


Happy February to you too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...