Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Food Should Taste Good Chips

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March, I was fortunate to receive some chips from Food Should Taste Good. I've been eating them for some time now and given an opportunity to try them, I was ecstatic!

"Founder Pete Lescoe created Food Should Taste Good, Inc in 2006 with the goal of making a unique new snack with great taste, real ingredients, and sophisticated flavor - the qualities he is most passionate about in food.

With a name that speaks for itself, Food Should Taste Good® chips are made from high quality ingredients. All chip varieties are gluten free, cholesterol free, have zero grams trans fats. They are also certified Kosher. Plus, many varieties are certified vegan."

I took this from their website. They said it better than I ever could!
I received Sweet Potato, Jalapeno, Multigrain, and Blue Corn. I've tried Sweet Potato and Multigrain in the past. For that reason, I was curious about the taste for Jalapeno and Blue Corn.
The first one I tried is Jalapeno. The website describes it as "conveying the true taste of this pepper, with a clean, garden-like flavor on the first bite and a lingering hint of heat, the subtle spiciness of the Jalapeno chip elevates any salsa or queso dip."
Here's the ingredients for Jalapeno.
Here's a closer picture of the chip.
The second chip I tried is Blue Corn. It's described as a "nutty flaxseed, quinoa and organic blue corn create a robust yet versatile chip to be enjoyed alone or paired with a fresh dip."
Here's the ingredients for Blue Corn.
Here's a closer picture of the chip.
The next one I tried is Multigrain. It's described as "flax, sunflower and sesame seeds add to the distinctively nutty flavor, making this chip a wholesome, perfect snack to be enjoyed on its own or dipped into your favorite hummus."
The ingredients for Multigrain.
Here's a closer picture of the chip.
The last chip I had was Sweet Potato. The website describes it "a hint of cane sugar enhances the natural nuttiness of the sweet potato in a chip that is a riff on a classic baked sweet potato. Try the chips with a fresh fruit salsa."
Here's the ingredients:
Here's a closer picture of the chip.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I've tried Sweet Potato and Multigrain in the past before receiving this package. I've always loved their Sweet Potato and it's still is my favorite. It's sweet, crunchy, and there's a lot of flavor. Multigrain, on the other hand, is just healthy and you can taste the different seeds. If you cannot find these in stores, I know Costco carries the Multigrain or at least my Costco does. Secondly, I wasn't too sure what to expect of Jalapeno and Blue Corn. If you want some kick, Jalapeno is a great one. I thought Kimchi (yes, they have a Kimchi flavored chips) would be the spiciest but I'm wrong. Jalapeno is slightly spicier than Kimchi. Blue Corn, on the other hand, is on the opposite side of Jalapeno. There's no strong taste. It's very neutral/bland chip. It'll be great for dips.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post was given to me to review. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

11 comments:

Marianna De Luca said...

i WANTTHEM :D

Marianna,

THE ADVENTURES OF A
SHOPAHOLIC


THE
ADVENTURES OF A SHOPAHOLIC ON FACEBOOK

Sachi said...

i love the sweet potato ones!

Kim A. said...

I think the only one I would like is the sweet potato. LOL I'm not a spicy girl or one that likes seeds. HAHAHA Excellent review Ahleessa!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Beatriz Garcia said...

Omg!! Jalapeño?! My taste buds seem like they would be throwing a party in my mouth!! I love all things spicy. Its that inner Mexican. *grabs keys* off to Costco!

Ahleessa said...

They're really delicious! :)

Ahleessa said...

Same here! :)

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! You made a great choice... hehe~

Ahleessa said...

I love spicy stuff too. It's also my inner Korean... hehe~ :P

Beatriz Garcia said...

Sooo I went to Costco.... and now..... The addiction. Omg soooo good. My inner child is happy!! Hehehe

Ahleessa said...

Which one did you get?

Beatriz Garcia said...

I stuck to what I know! Lol the jalapeño!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...