Wednesday, March 4, 2015

February Favorites and Finished Products 2015

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Body Merry, Skin Food, Besame Cosmetics, Adovia, DermOrganic, and Orly. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

February Favorites

Body Merry Retinol Surge Moisturizer: Since I have seasonal dryness, I'm always looking for thick moisturizers especially during the winter season. With that said, I look for lighter moisturizer for daytime than nighttime. Even though this moisturizer is lighter in consistency compared to my nighttime routine, it's still thick for some people. This is great for dry skin individuals like myself. I love that I don't have to reapply throughout the day.

Skin Food Peach Sake Sun Lotion SPF32 PA++: When it comes to sunscreen products, I tend to like my Asian brands. They don't whiten, as well as, lay on top of the skin. In all honesty, they feel like they sink into the skin protecting not only the outside but inside. It makes me feel more confident being outside.

OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener in Original: Since I've been using this nail strengthener, my nail has gotten thick and strong. I always had to deal with breakage at least once a month. Since I started, my nail broke once and that was within three months of usage. Ever since then, it hasn't broke. Not only that, my nail is still in it's original color not yellow.

Benefit Lipstick in Pinking Of You: When it comes to lipsticks and lipglosses, I tend to not like sparkles. Even though this lipstick has sparkles, it's not noticeable and grainy. I've been loving this color and been wearing it often this month. It's a gorgeous neutral pink color!

Besame Cosmetics Brightening Vanilla Powder: Since I started using this powder, it's been my go to. It has helped set my makeup, as well as, I don't have to worry about re-touching. I powder once and my makeup is set for the entire day.


February Finished Products
Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner in Black: I bought this long time ago after reading reviews that it doesn't come off the waterline. Since I have watery waterline, I was hoping it was true. Unfortunately, it wasn't true for my case. It came off within minutes. For that reason, I only used it to tight line.

Would repurchase: No.

L'Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara in Black: I love how the mascara gives me volume. It makes my lashes look full and gorgeous. Not only that, it held my curls. That's a huge plus for a non-waterproof mascara for my straight, Asian lashes. The only thing I didn't like was the flexible wand. Mentally, I get scared I'll break it but that's me. I'm sure it wouldn't.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Adovia Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Cream: This was my nighttime moisturizer. It's thick in consistency which is great for my dry, seasonal skin. I'll wake up in the morning with hydrated skin that felt smooth and soft. Not only that, it had anti-aging fighting properties.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion: I've heard great reviews of Shiseido sunscreen products. For that reason, I was excited to try this product. It does whiten the skin but not that much compared to American brands. It also sinks into your skin and not layer on top. The only thing I didn't like about this product is the packaging. The opening of the tube is extremely messy.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

DermOrganic Intensive Hair Repair Masque: After finishing this product, I went back to using a conditioner. I definitely notice a difference between this product and just a normal conditioner. My hair was so healthy and soft while using this product. I thought going back to using a normal conditioner my damage hair would be okay. It definitely did not improve but it didn't worsen. I highly recommend this product for someone with damaged hair.

Would repurchase: Yes.

John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner: After I finished my hair mask, I started using this product. It wasn't as hydrating as the hair mask, but it wasn't that bad. I highly recommend this product for someone who has normal to dry hair. If you're hair is damaged, I recommend hair masks.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Beauty Secrets Acetone Nail Polish Remover: I'm always repurchasing this product. It's just easy to use. I just fill it in an empty nail polish remover bottle that I have until the end. In all honesty, all nail polish removers work the same or at least to me.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat: When I first started using this basecoat, I noticed it strengthen my nails for several months. After that, it didn't do much. I also found it thick and I had to thin it out often. That might be a possibility why my nails weaken.

Would repurchase: No.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is bought with my own money except Body Merry, Skin Food, Besame Cosmetics, Adovia, DermOrganic, and Orly. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Stavroula said...

The L'Oreal mascara makes my lashes a bit clumpy and I can't get used to the fact that the wand moves around, I find it so weird lol! x

Ahleessa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who found the bendable wand uncomfortable. I want to try the Miss Manga Rock. I heard it's a lot better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...