Monday, May 4, 2015

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Cute Doll in Emily #07

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive another haul from Born Pretty Store.

For this post, I will review the nail polish on the far top right.
Product Review: Born Pretty Cute Doll Sweet Color Nail Art Polish in #07

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $8.64 for 7 mL

Description from the website:
Specification:
100% brand new
Capacity: 7 ml
Quantity: 1 pc
Weight: 80 g
Color: 12 colors available

Package included:
1 Pc Nail Art Polish

Feature:
Professional quality nail polish ingredients which give glossy and long-lasting nail color
No smell and children can use it
Comes with brush making nail art fast and easy for everyone
Allow you to create beautiful nail designs in short time
Thoughts: I hate to admit this but I'm drawn on these polishes for the packaging! :X They're just super, duper cute. From there, I had to decide which color I wanted. I wanted to choose something I didn't have in my collection.
Here's a closer look at Emily in #07.
Here's a closer look at the brush. OPI is my perfect medium brush; it's not too wide and too thin. Emily is the same width but a lot shorter in height compared to OPI brushes.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X For Sephora Base Coat, 2 coats of Born Pretty Cute Doll in Emily #07, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the box said scented. I'm guessing it's suppose to be scented. I'm not 100% sure about this since in the description it mentions it's not scented. It doesn't matter all I can tell you is that it has a strong smell. I noticed it right away as soon as I opened the polish. It's not my type of scent but it's not bothersome. Secondly, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. During the first coat, I went slowly and carefully. The second coat was a different story. I went faster so it wouldn't dry while I'm painting. I'm not too sure why, but I noticed a trend with pastel colors. They tend to be a bit thicker than most polishes. It doesn't matter which brand I use. They all have been like that. Is it just only me or have you guys experienced it too? Third, it went on smoothly with no streaking and bubbles. Fourth and in all honesty, the color wasn't what I expected. From the website, it looked like a light yellow/beige color. It's more peachy nude. Even though, it wasn't what I expected. I did like the color. Lastly, it lasted 5 days before I noticed slight chip at the tip. It was very minimum. That's pretty decent!

Pros:
* Cute packaging.
* Comes in several different dolls.
* Wide brush.
* Medium-thick consistency; easy to apply during the first coat.
* Easy to use.
* No streaking and bubbles.
* Lasted 5 days before chipping.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Strong scent.
* Length of the brush is short.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:


Born Pretty Store was king enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with this website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...