Friday, May 6, 2016

ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in So Quiche

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I didn't realize I bought ColourPop early of 2015. I honestly thought I bought it end of 2015.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in I Heart This (bottom left) and ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in Get Lucky (middle right). For this post I will review bottom right.
This is So Quiche. Since I did a thorough review of ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in I Heart This, I will base this on that.

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, isododecane, boron nitride, c30-45 alkyl cetearyl dimethicone crosspolymer, synthetic fluorphlogopite, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, aluminum calcium sodium silicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, dimethicone/vinyl trimethylisiloxy silicate crosspolymer, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, tin oxide, glycine soja (soybean) oil. [ +/- aluminum powder (ci 77000), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), black 2 (ci 77266), blue 1 (ci 42090), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), bronze powder (ci 77400), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), copper powder (ci 77400), ferric ammonium ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), green 5 (ci 61570), iron oxides (ci 77491), iron oxides (ci 77492), iron oxides (ci 77499), manganese violet (ci 77742), mica (ci 77019), red 40 lake (ci 16035), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), ultramarines (ci 77007), yellow 5 (ci 19140), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140)].

Here's a closer look at the ingredients.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadow. The website describes it as "a soft olive with a highly reflective gold and pink violet glittery duo chrome metallic finish... there are no words in the dictionary to describe this. Not even urbandictionary.com. Aka: this shade is hotter than hot - the F**king Queen of shadows." I don't know if I completely agree with the description. I didn't think it was olive but more a brown color.
Here's a swatch of the eyeshadow So Quiche. The sparkles are gorgeous!
Here's So Quiche compared to the other shadows I have from this brand from left to right; So Quiche, I Heart This, and Get Lucky.
Here's how So Quiche looks on me. I have it on the lid, and blended it out with Milani in Bella Espresso on the crease and outer v.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with L'Oreal Colour Riche La Lacque in Choco-Lacque on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all and compared to the other shadows from ColourPop, this doesn't have a scent. I just sniffed it to make sure. Plus, you won't notice the smell since you apply it onto the eyes. Secondly, I don't know if it's just me but I think it's less sponge/mousse-like. It didn't feel that soft compared to the other two shadows I have tried from this brand. It's a possibility since I haven't opened this since beginning of 2015 that it made a difference. If that's the case, then it tells me you have to use the shadows quickly or the texture changes. Third, I applied with my finger. That's the most easiest method for me. I do recommend patting this rather than gliding it on the lid. The other shadows I could glide on the lid and it looked pigmented. With this shadow when I glide it, it looked matted brown. When I patted it on, the sparkles showed. I also noticed it didn't dry that quickly that I had to do one eye than the other. I applied it on both eyes at the same time. It went on easily and it was smooth. Fourth, this is a great color for day to night look. With that said, I don't think it's that unique as the website describes. I feel like I've seen this from other brands but I cannot think of it at the moment. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. There was no fading, creasing, and it did not smudge on me.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other ColourPop products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...