Monday, July 18, 2016

Manicure Monday: OPI in Alpine Snow

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I've been looking for a great white polish that doesn't look like white-out. I've heard great things about this one particular polish from OPI from YouTube. For that reason, I decided to purchase this polish.
This is OPI in Alpine Snow. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "fresh, crisp white, perfect for French-look tips." I definitely agree with the description.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This is my favorite brush. It's wide and long enough to paint quickly.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of OPI in Alpine Snow, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm a huge fan of OPI brushes. They're a perfect width and length for me personally. I rather paint quickly on each nails than take my time doing many strokes. That's just my personal taste. With that said, the wide brush makes it easy to paint around the cuticles. Secondly, the consistency is medium and I was impressed it didn't paint like white-out. Most white polishes paint and feel like white-outs or at least from my experience. That's not something I was looking for. It went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, white polishes are in throughout the year. It's a gorgeous white that doesn't look like white-out. It's a great polish to paint the whole nail or partially. Lastly, this is where I got disappointed. Most OPI polishes last five days on me. This didn't even last two days. It started chipping slightly on the sides of the tips on the second day. Then it got bigger and bigger with each day. On the other side, I didn't see any shrinkage whatsoever.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Brazil Collection 2014
Next Stop...The Bikini Zone
Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016
Super Cute in Pink
New Orleans Collection 2016
Got Myself in a Jam-balaya

Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...