Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Body Shop Hemp On A Rope Soap

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Once I was introduced to the body butter from The Body Shop, I became a fan of the brand. Not only is the products good, the brand uses natural ingredients and they try to make a difference in the world.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed The Body Shop Hand Protector in Hemp on the right. For this post, I will review the product on the left.
Product Review: The Body Shop Hemp On A Rope Soap

Where to purchase: The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop-usa.com
Price: $12 for 150 g/ 5.2 oz

Made in UK

Description from the website: Hemp Soap on a Rope delivers effective non-drying, sensitive cleansing for dry skin, with moisturizing hemp seed oil. This rich soap can be hand-dried by its durable rope, so it doesn't pick up dirt and bacteria sitting on the side of the tub.

* With pure, moisturizing hemp seed oil
* Gentle, non-irritating cleansing
* Handy, durable rope
* Enriched with Community Trade Hemp Seed Oil
* Use with Hemp Body Mitt to increase lather and remove dead skin cells
Ingredients:
Sodium Palmate (Surfactant), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Surfactant), Aqua/Water/Eau (Solvent), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Cocoate (Surfactant), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate (Chelating Agent), Coconut Acid (Surfactant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), CI 77492/Iron Oxides (Colorant), CI 77007/Ultramarines (Colorant), CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide (Colorant).
Thoughts: When I received this product, I was extremely excited to try it. To be honest, the rope sold me.
Here's a closer look at the soap. The details are so beautiful!
Here's a closer look at the back. I love how they added the brand's name on the back.
Here's a closer look at the rope.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, it has a slight scent. It's not that strong. I hardly even notice. I'm starting to think this is how hemp is supposed to smell. It smells exactly like The Body Shop Hand Protector in Hemp. Secondly, I love the rope. It makes it easy to hang in the shower than put it in a soap dish. Whenever I put soap in the soap dish, I noticed chunks of soap builds up in the soap dish. I don't have to worry about that since it doesn't touch anything while it's hanging. It's also sanitary-free since I don't have to put it back in the wet soap dish. Third, I love that the soap actually lathers and it doesn't take that much effort. I have tried soap that doesn't lather and it feels like I'm washing with lotion. I'm not a fan of that type of soap solid or liquid. I want the lather and not that lotion-feel. It could be mental but it makes me feel cleaner when I could feel the lather. As soon as I grab the soap with my wet hands, I could feel the slight lather and then it builds up. I don't need that much to wash my body. A little goes a long ways with this soap. With that said and lastly, it doesn't dry out my skin. I don't feel the tightness, as well as, see dry flaky skin. I wouldn't say my skin is hydrated since I still apply lotion right after my showers. Basically, it's just gentle and not harsh on the skin. For that reason, it's good for every skin type including sensitive. With that said, I love how universal the soap is. It'll be great for guys as well since the smell isn't so feminine.

Pros:
* Slight scent.
* Comes with a rope; to hang.
* No soap build up in the soap dish.
* Sanitary/ bacteria-free.
* Lathers quickly.
* Doesn't feel like lotion-type soap.
* A little goes a long way.
* Does not dry out the skin.
* Gentle on the skin.
* Great for every skin types.
* Great for both genders.

Cons:
* Can be costly compared to drugstores/ retail chains soaps.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Duo Eyeshadow
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...