Monday, March 27, 2017

Manicure Monday: OPI in Gargantuan Green Grape

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I've been really good about not buying nail polishes and trying to use the polishes I own. This is a goody I bought long time ago in 2009. Thankfully, I searched through my blog to see when I bought it. I actually bought this with another matte polish from OPI, In My Back Pocket, at ULTA.
This is OPI in Gargantuan Green Grape. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "green kissed by the summer sun." I'm not too sure what that's supposed to mean but it's a light, pastel green.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This is my favorite brush for the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 3 coats of OPI in Gargantuan Green Grape, and then topped it with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm a huge fan of OPI brushes for the thickness of the brush. Quick three strokes and I'm done with the nail. Secondly, I've always been a fan of the packaging. It's easy to grab while painting. Also, the packaging looks like it's from a higher end brand. Third, the consistency is medium. It's not too thick or too thin. I can take my time with painting without worrying about drying. I hate when polishes dry quickly while painting, as well as, gets thicker with usage. I'm not the best with painting, but I need to take my time especially around the cuticles and sides. With that said, I did have some difficulties not because of the consistency. I had difficulties because of the pigment. It's a very sheer polish. I applied three coats but even with that, I still can see the color of my natural nails. From what I can tell from the website, they don't sell the matte version anymore or at least that's what I noticed. I cannot recall if the other matte polish I bought from OPI is the same but I'm not a huge fan of the sheerness of this polish. Also, I did not use it as a matte polish. I applied top coat on top of it to make it shiny. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking. I did see some bubbles on my ring finger. I'm starting to think it's not the polish but the top coat I been using. This is the second week in a row with bubbles. I might thin the top coat with a thinner to test this theory out some more. Fourth, the color is great for spring/summer season. I've been loving pastel colors this spring. With that said, the color isn't unique. You can definitely find this color in other brands. It's a typical mint color but more so in the green side. Lastly, I noticed slight shrinkage on the fourth day. It wasn't that noticeable unless you examine closely with your eyes. There was slight chipping at the sides of the tips on the sixth day. This is pretty decent in my books.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Alpine Snow
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...