Monday, May 29, 2017

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Triangle Diamond Shape Water Decal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty Store.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Born Pretty Cartoon Owl Water Decal (third from the left) and Born Pretty Holo in #33 (second from the left). For this post, I will review the water decal first from the left.
This is Born Pretty Triangle Diamond Shape Nail Art Water Decals Transfer Sticker BYP05. Since I did a thorough review of Born Pretty Blue Wings Butterfly Water Decal, I will base this on that. It retails for $0.99 and it's described as...

"Specification:
100% brand new
Quantity: 1 Sheet
Pattern: as the picture shows

Package Contents:
1 Sheet BORN PRETTY Nail Art Water Decals Transfer Sticker

Nails Application:
1. Trim, clean and polish the fingernails; paint the background color on the fingernails and dry it out.
2. Remove the film of product, cut out the patter and plunge it into water 10-20 seconds.
3. Moisten the fingernails, stick the patter in position
4. Sop up the water with a paper towel and blow dry.
5. Cap with clear nail polish and blow dry.

Warning: keep away from children."
Here's a closer look at the water decal. It's so intricate that I'm drawn to this.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, two layers of Trust Fund Beauty in Rude Nude on my index, middle, and ring fingers, and two layers of Ciate in Plastic Fantastic on my thumb and pinkie fingers. Then I applied Born Pretty Triangle Diamond Shape Water Decal on my index, middle, and ring fingers. Topped all the nails with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.
Here's another look at a different angle. I apologize I didn't take a picture right after it dried. I took it after several days (4 days to be exact). I have henna on my hand and no matter how many times I take pictures, it look bad. My friend Photoshop the henna but you can still see it slightly. I'm going to wait until the henna disappears before I do my next Manicure Monday. Since I took it after 4 days, you can see slight chipping on the sides of the tip.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the intricacy of the design. It reminds me of Indian patterns or I guess you can say ancient patterns. They're unique and just professional looking on the nails. It's the opposite of Born Pretty Cartoon Owl Water Decal. The owl decal was just plain cute, but this is more adult-like. I love that water decals come in all types of shapes, sizes, designs, and so on for every person in the market of nail arts. Secondly, I found this slightly different than most water decals I have used. Most water decals there's a clear shape around the design. I usually cut around that clear shape but this one the whole thing is clear other than the black part. I just cut where I wanted and tried not to go over the black design. Even though it's slightly different, it wasn't hard to work with. I just though it was different. Then I dipped the design in water using a Tweezer. After about 20 seconds, I push the water decal off the background paper. Then I grab it with a Tweezer and apply where I want on the nail. It's the same procedure with all other water decals. The index and middle finger is part of the strip on top of the water decal. I just cut the two diamond shape and use it on each fingers. Lastly, it really did come out cute. I think the henna over powered the nail art. I usually get compliments on my nails but this time around people only noticed the henna. It's all good. The nail art is for me to see and I love it. It lasted the entire week. Since it's not at the tips, there's hardly any chipping. Water decals come off when the polish comes off.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals
Black Butterfly
Black Feather
Black Flower Lacy
Black Rose
Blue Wings Butterfly
Cartoon Owl
Chinese Ink Painting
Feather
White Floral Pattern
Zipper in Silver


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use the code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...