Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When Rihanna came out with her own beauty line, Fenty Beauty, I knew I had to get one.

Product Review: Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at fentybeauty.com
Price: $34 for 2 x 3.5 g/2 x 0.12 oz

Made in Canada

Description from the website:
Give it to me quick:
Weightless, longwear cream-powder hybrid highlighters that range from subtle dayglow to insanely supercharged in solos and expertly paired duos.
Tell me more:
Light up where you want, when you want. Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter was born to reflect your every mood with its lineup of luminizing solos and duos. With a dose of skin-glorifying color, Killawatt ranges from subtle dayglow to insanely supercharged with shades that were designed for all skin tones.
Unlike your everyday highlighter, Killawatt keeps skin lit beyond sundown with its weightless longwear formula - a cream-powder hybrid that instantly melts into skin and blends with almost zero effort. Another win: It's loaded with superfine shimmer for an ultra-smooth, creamy texture.
For killer radiance, Killawatt's your go-to for highlighting your face, eyes, lips, collarbone...literally anywhere you crave a touch of light.
Ingredients:
MEAN MONEY: TALC, DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, MICA, PHENOXYETHANOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77499), CARMINE (CI 75470), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742).
HU$TLA BABY: DIMETHICONE, ISODODECANE, MICA, TALC, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, POLYETHYLENE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CETYL DIMETHICONE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TIN OXIDE, ALUMINUM CALCIUM SODIUM SILICATE, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, SILICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492), CARMINE (CI 75470).
Thoughts: To be honest, I thought I was going to get Tropy Wife (yellow highlighter) but it had too much glitter for my taste. It'll be great for the night out like bars and clubs but I hardly go. I prefer shimmer for everyday. I tried Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal but it did not show up on my face. The salesperson had to apply Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby for it to show up on my skin tone. I loved how it looked on me. I decided to get this. I also got samples of foundation. The makeup artist swatch me and told me I was 210. I didn't want to purchase the foundation since it's recommended for oily skin. Since I have dry skin, I wanted to try it out before purchasing.
Here's a closer look inside. It comes with a mirror.
Here's a closer look at the duo.
Here's a closer look at one of the highlighters, Hu$tla Baby.
Here's a swatch of the highlighters on my hand from left to right, Mean Money and Hu$tla Baby.
Here's how the highlighter looks on me. I applied Hus$tla Baby on the high points of the cheek, bridge on the nose, and the tip. Mean Money on the cheeks and the tip of the nose.
Here's an overall look. I have Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette on the eyes and Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Play It Cool on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's clean looking but at the same time, the packaging is unique. I like the shape, octagon (eight sides), and the shiny specks on the white packaging. The specks are not noticeable unless you turn it at an angle so the light reflects off it. It's very pretty and it comes with a mirror. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. There's no scratches on the packaging but I do see some finger marks. It's not that noticeable unless you examine it closely. It also makes a clicking noise when I close the top, and I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, both highlighters are creamy and buttery soft between the fingers. They're so soft, and feels loosely compacted but it's not. It's so compacted that I don't see any loose powder all over the place. With that said, it's extremely easy to use. The makeup artist applied Hu$tla Baby on the high points of the cheek and Mean Money in the center of the cheeks where you apply the blush. That's what I did. I applied Mean Money on top of my cheeks and it made my blush glow a lot more than usual. Hu$tla Baby is the shiner of the two but when you combine it with Mean Money, it glows a lot more. I like the mixture of the two rather than one by itself. It is up to the individual though. Fourth, I love that it's not glittery. I prefer the glow from shine rather than glitters. For that reason, I passed on Tropy Wife (the yellow one). This is great all year round and good for medium to dark skin individuals. I don't consider myself medium but in-between light to medium. When the makeup artist swatch my skin, he recommended foundation number 210. If you have dry skin like myself, I recommend passing. The foundation dries matte and it can look cakey. It will show all the dry patches, bumps, wrinkles, and so on. This is great for perfect skin individuals with oily skin. I'm glad I only got samples of this foundation. Pigmentation-wise I was impressed. I only needed one layer for it to show on my skin. I usually have to layer for it to show. I didn't with this highlighter. You can layer more if you want to glow more. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. Then again, most products do since I have dry skin. It looked like how I applied it in the morning. I'm glad I decided to get this highlighter. I was going to pass after trying Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal. I'm glad the salesperson applied this highlighter on me.

Pros:
* No scent whatsoever.
* Clean packaging with unique shape and specks.
* Comes with a mirror.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* No scratches on the packaging.
* Tight seal.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, buttery soft texture.
* Compacted.
* Pretty by itself, but gorgeous when the duo are mixed.
* Not glittery.
* Great all year round.
* Good for medium to dark skin individuals.
* Pigmented.
* Lasted all day.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Finger marks on the packaging but not that noticeable.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...