Monday, October 9, 2017

Manicure Monday: Surya Brasil in Flamingo

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Surya Brasil.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Surya Brasil in Hummingbird (middle). For this post, I will review the polish on the right.
This is Surya Brasil in Flamingo. Since I did a thorough review of Surya Brasil in Hummingbird, I will base this on that.

Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Tosylamide/Epoxy Resin, Alcohol, Tributyl Citrate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Solum Diatomeae, Isopropyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Maleic Acid, Benzophenone-2, CI77891, CI15850, CI45380.
Here's a closer look at the symbol on the top of the packaging. I took this picture from Surya Brasil in Hummingbird.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length and width is the same. OPI tends to get wider at the tips, whereas, this is the same from where the plastic is to the tip.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, two coats of Surya Brasil in Flamingo, and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love the width of the brush. It's wide enough for quick strokes on each nail and then move onto the next. With that said, it's also easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I like the packaging. It's so unique and it stands out in my opinion. I have never own a wooden top polish until now. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's easy to grab with the hand and also just throw in your purse, bag, and pocket. Third, the consistency is medium. I found this slightly thicker than the first one, Surya Brasil in Hummingbird, but not by much. It's not thick nor thin, and I'm able to take my time with painting without worrying it'll dry while painting. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is gorgeous! I'm not a pink person but this is a great color. It doesn't look like regular polish. It looks more like jelly polish. It'll be a great for spring/summer season. Pigmented-wise I was impressed. It's not the most pigmented but it is up there. Two layers were good enough. Lastly, there were no chipping whatsoever. I noticed shrinkage around the fourth day. Even though there were slight shrinkage, it's not that noticeable. I had to examine it closely to see it. This is the second polish I have used from this brand and it's blowing me away. It has to be one of the best brand I have ever used!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Surya Brasil products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...