Wednesday, November 8, 2017

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I've been using this deluxe sample from Play! By Sephora July 2016 for some time.

Here are the samples. For this post, I will review the cleanser from First Aid Beauty.
Product Review: First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at firstaidbeauty.com
Price: $20 for 5 oz (deluxe sample is 28.3 g/ 1 oz)

Made in USA

Description from the website: A fragrance-free, gentle cleanser that effectively removes makeup, dirt and grime, leaving skin soft and supple. The whipped texture transforms into a sumptuous cream when blended with water.

Infused with a powerful Botanical Antioxidant blend, it helps safeguard skin against environment aggressors while also calming irritated skin. This non-stripping, pH-balanced formula works to maintain skin's natural acidity and helps reduce flair ups, never leaving skin feeling tight or dry.
Ingredients:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Allantoin, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Pca, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, EDTA.
Thoughts: I've heard of this brand for some time and had been curious. I'm so glad I got a sample of this product to try.
Here's a closer look at the opening. I'm not too sure how the opening is for the full-size but I'm guessing similar. I just looked on the website and it's a tube but you flip the opening and close. Since this is a sample, you twist the top.
Here's a swatch of the cleanser on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there was no noticeable scent while using. I just sniffed the product and there's no scent whatsoever. Secondly, I cannot say much about the packaging since mine is a deluxe sample. From what I can tell online, the packaging seems similar but bigger in size. If that's the case, it's well-made and sturdy. The deluxe sample is made out of plastic but thick plastic. The top is a twist and I can feel a tight seal when I open/close it. From the website, the regular packaging has a flip top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thin that it's runny. It's also not thick which makes it hard to blend. It's a great consistency. It looks like a light lotion with shininess or the shiny liquid hand soap I use to see a lot back in the days. With that said, a little goes a long way with this product. I only need a little less than a dime size. That's good enough to clean my face. I squeeze a little amount onto my wet hand and then apply it onto my wet face. It creates a nice lather and it's extremely light-weight. It doesn't even feel like I have anything on my face while cleansing. That's how easy this product is. Lastly and after cleansing, my skin feels clean and soft. Also, it's great for all skin types. From what I heard from oily skin individuals, they are always looking for products that are gentle to the skin. For dry skin individuals like myself, a lot of cleansers leave a tighten on the skin. I did not feel any tightness whatsoever with this cleanser. It just felt really nice and every single time after I cleanse, I always thought how good my face feels after cleansing. Now I can see why this brand is highly recommended and glad I got to try this deluxe sample!

Pros:
* No scent.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Medium consistency.
* A little goes a long way.
* Creates a nice lathery cream.
* Light-weight.
* Easy to use.
* Skin feels clean.
* Leaves a nice, smooth texture.
* Great for all skin types.
* No tightness.

Cons:
* Can be pricey depending on the person.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...