Monday, November 13, 2017

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Peel Off Color Changing Nail Polish in #G001 Swan Lake

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty.
Here are the items I choose. For this post, I will review the polish on the top left.

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $4.99 for 9 mL/0.32 fl oz

Made in China

Description from the website:
Specification:
Capacity: 9 ml
Quantity: 1 Bottle
Color: as the picture shows

Package: Contents:
1 Bottle BORNPRETTY Color-changing Nail Polish

Feature:
100% new retail and high quality
Peelable and easy to remove.
Color-changing polish, color changes according to external temperature and light.
Allow you to create beautiful nail designs in short time.

Note:
The color of polish may show slightly different from the pictures due to different temperatures or sunlight conditions, not the colour difference of product itself and pictures.
Thoughts: I first saw this on Facebook and fell in love. I've always loved color changing polishes but they're usually a cream polish. I've never seen one with glitters. For that reason, I was intrigued. Given the opportunity, I knew I wanted to review this product.
Here's a closer look at the color. From the website, this is when the polish is cold.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thicker in width and shorter in length.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, two coats of Born Pretty Peel Off Color Changing Nail Polish in Swan Lake, and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat. From the website, this is when it's cold with UV light.
Here's the same polish at a different angle and temperature. This is when the hand is warm which is most of the case in my situation.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the wide side. I like my wide brushes but I don't think I ever used brushes this wide. It's double the width of OPI. After using the brush, now I can understand why it's wide. I will get into that later. With that said, it's easy two strokes and then I move onto the next nail. Secondly, the packaging is cute. It's small and easy to grab with your hand. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see this open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Since it's so small, it's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Third, the consistency is a little different. In the bottle, it looks sticky like glue. When you apply it, it's medium. It's not too thin that it's runny. It'a also not too thick to make it's hard to work with. It's a good consistency. With that said when you apply it, it goes on nicely. If you brush the area you just applied, the polish moves a bit. I believe that's the reason why the brush is extremely wide. It's supposed to be one to two strokes per nail. Even though the polish moves a bit, two or three layers make the overall look nice. It dries quickly and matte. I would say it dries within several minutes depending on how thickly you apply. The thinner the faster it dries. Even though it dries matte, you can make it shiny by adding top coat. With that said, it goes on smoothly and there's no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the colors are gorgeous and fun! Since I'm naturally warm, it's light blue to gray indoors. Once it's wet, it turns blue. When I'm outside, it's purple with the sun. When it's wet outside, it turns more purple.
I took this from the website. It's a great example of how the color changes with the temperature and sun. With that said, it's a great all year. It also has glitters of all sizes. Usually I'm not a fan of big glitters and I'll get into that later. This doesn't bother me at all. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but it's pretty good. I applied two layers but three thin layers might be better. Lastly, I saw slight shrinkage on the fifth day. Since most of the times, it's light blue/gray, the shrinkage isn't that noticeable. I have to examine my nails all the time and for that reason, I noticed it. There's no chipping whatsoever. Not only that, it's easy to remove. You just peel it off with your fingers. It's that easy! When I read the description that it's a peel off polish, I was worried it'll just come off. It doesn't until you remove it. Also, I was worried how it'll remove the glitters. I didn't have to worry. It comes off easily while peeling. I'm so glad this came into my life. I love it!

Pros:
* Extremely wide brush.
* Cute, small packaging.
* Easy to grab with your hand.
* Well-made and sturdy.
* Sturdy top.
* Travel-friendly.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to use.
* Dries quickly.
* Dries matte.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No streaking and bubbles.
* Gorgeous colors.
* Fun!
* Color changing with temperature and sun.
* Great all season.
* Comes with glitters of all sizes.
* Pigmented.
* Slight shrinkage on the fifth day.
* No chipping whatsoever.
* Easy to remove; peel off.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals
Black Butterfly
Black Feather
Black Flower Lacy
Black Rose
Blue Wings Butterfly
Cartoon Owl
Chinese Ink Painting
Feather
Line Flower
Triangle Diamond Shape
White Floral Pattern
Zipper in Silver


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use the code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...