Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Make Up For Ever Lustrous Shadow Palette, Holiday 2017 (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In November 2017, I went to The Makeup Show LA 2017 and purchased some products.

Here are the products I got. For this post, I will review the eyeshadow from Make Up For Ever on the bottom right.
Product Review: Make Up For Ever Lustrous Shadow Palette

Where to purchase: online at makeupforever.com
Price: 12 x 1.5 g/ 12 x 0.05 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the website: The LUSTROUS SHADOW PALETTE, from HOLIDAY COLLECTION 2017, offers the perfect balance between warm/cool shades and matte/metallic finishes - so you can play and create endless looks. Give your eyes exciting options, and try something new every day! This palette, enclosed in a melted rose gold metal box that makes it uniquely stunning, is composed of:

12 MATTE & METAL SHADOWS
These "gel-powder" shadows are enriched with saturated pigments for intense colour and superior blendability. Dare to try them all - for looks that range from subtle to bold ... from neutral to "wow". It's a holiday must-have for makeup mavens!
Thoughts: When I went to The Makeup Show LA, this was part of the new products. I was drawn to their new shadows and thought that the palette will be more convenient than the singles. Unfortunately, the palette isn't sold anymore. I know I'm kind of late but it's better to post than never!
Here's how the palette looks when you open the lid from top to bottom, left to right: M100, M608, ME512, M847, M322, M536, ME728, M500, M619, M928, ME840, and M549.
Here's a closer look at one of the metallics ME728.
Here's a closer look at one of the mattes M322.
Here's a swatch of the first row on my hand from left to right; M100, M608, ME512, and M847.
Here's a swatch of the second row on my hand from left to right; M322, M536, ME728, and M500.
Here's a swatch of the last row on my hand from left to right; M619, M928, ME840, and M549.

Now for looks I created...
Look #1:
I applied ME512 on the lid, and blended out the crease and outer v with M549. I also applied M500 below the eyebrow.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Crayon in Night Mauves on the lips.

Look #2:
I applied ME512 on the inner half of the lid and ME728 on the outer half. Then I blended the outer v and crease with M549. I also applied M500 below the eyebrow.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with MAC Matte Lipstick in Whirl on the lips.

Look #3:
I applied ME512 on the inner half of the lids and ME840 on the outer half. I blended the outer v and crease with M549. I also applied M500 right below the eyebrow.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Honeycomb on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm mixed with the packaging. I like that it comes in box and I can pull the lid. I'm not too keen on the rubberized lid and the shadows are placed in a foam. The rubberized lid is slightly sticky. Whenever I put something on top, it gets stuck on the lid. The foam, on the other hand, gets dirty from the eyeshadows and you can see it whenever you open the lid. It's not a pretty sight. With that said, it is sturdy. It's made out of metal. The lid has a tight seal and you can feel it whenever you pull/close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also small enough to carry and hold with your hand. Secondly, the consistency is buttery soft. It feels soft in-between the fingers. I like that it comes with mattes and metallics. I just wish it was equally divided. There's nine mattes and three metallics. I usually use more metallics than mattes. If you're a matte person, this palette is a good one. I also like that most of the colors are in the basic family like neutrals, black, and cream. To be honest if you own these colors, you really don't need this palette. I just like having everything together in a palette even if there's same colors in another palette. I'm kind of strange that way. Also, it'll be great for makeup artists. With that said, it's easy to use. It's easy to grab with your fingers and brushes. It's also easy to blend and they don't mix making it look like one shadow on the lids. There's no loose powders all over the place either. The shadows on the foam is from grabbing the shadows with the brush. Whenever I grab the shadows with my brush, it would touch the foam. Once it touches the foam, the color will not come out. Third, the colors are great all year round for both day and nighttime. It's all up to you how you apply it. You can apply lightly or dark it out. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but I don't need to layer to get colors to show up on my skin. Lastly, it lasted all day on me but then again most products do. There were no fading, smudging, and it look like how I applied it. I'm glad I got this palette. It has pros and cons but it's something I can see myself using.

Pros:
* Comes in a box with a lid.
* Sturdy packaging.
* Lid has a tight seal.
* Travel-friendly.
* Buttery soft consistency.
* Mixture of mattes and metallics.
* Shadows are from basic colors.
* All in one palette.
* Great for professionals.
* Easy to use.
* Easy to blend.
* No loose powders.
* Great all year round.
* Great for day and nighttime.
* Pigmented.
* No fading and smudging.

Cons:
* Limited edition.
* Slight sticky rubberized lid.
* Foam placement.
* More mattes than metallics.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Make Up For Ever products reviewed/swatch:
Artist Lip Blush
Arty Blossom Palette
Artist Liquid Matte
Praline
HD Blush
HD Foundation
HD Primer
#6
Instant Brush Cleanser
Pro Sculpting Lip
Rust
Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...