Monday, February 12, 2018

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty UR SUGAR Holographic Nail Art Hollow Stencil

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty.

Here are the products I got. I already reviewed Born Pretty Peel Off Nail Polish in #3 (top middle) and Born Pretty Gold Metal 3D Nail Sticker in DP307 (top right). For this post, I will review the nail sticker on the left.
This is Born Pretty 20 Tips UR SUGAR Holographic Nail Vinyls Triangle Nail Art Hollow Stencil Adhesive Stickers. Since I did a thorough review of Born Pretty DIY Nail Art Stencil in ID5739, I will base this on that. It retails for $0.99 and here's the description...

Specification:
Quantity: 20 Tips/Sheet
Sheet Size: Approx. 15 cm*10.5 cm
Pattern: As the pictures show

Package Contents:
20 Tips/Sheet Nail Vinyls Sticker

Feature:
100% new retail
Very easy to use, use this stencil to print patterns on your nails.
Apply one coat base color polish on your nail, then stick this stencil on, and apply another coat color polish, then the pattern is printed on your nails.
You can also use it as 10D nail stickers.
Regular nail polish is available for this.
Here's a closer look at the stencil.
Here's how one of the stencil looks on my nail.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and Formula X For Sephora Base Coat on all my nails. Then I applied two coats of OPI in Yoga-ta Get This Blue! on all my nails except the ring finger. On the ring finger, I applied two coats of OPI in Go on Green. Right after, I applied Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat. Once it dried, I applied Born Pretty UR SUGAR Holographic Nail Art Hollow Stencil. Then applied OPI in Yoga-ta Get This Blue! and pulled the stencil. Topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I really like this stencil. It comes with five different designs, four each. It comes in flowers, stripes, and so on. You can get as creative as you want with these different designs. Since the stencil is made out of vinyls, it's easy to bend and curve onto the nail beds. Secondly, it's easy to use. You just pull the stencil and curve around the nail beds. I applied polish on top of the stencil but next time, I would dot it with a makeup sponge. I feel that applying polish on top kind of leaks inside the stencil. I'm not 100% sure though since I'm not good with this yet. I just need to practice more often. With that said, it's also easy to pull the stencil off the nails. It doesn't leave a sticky residue on the nails from the stencil. Third, it's great all year round. The designs never get old and it's extremely fashionable. Lastly, it lasts until the polish underneath chips. I've been wearing it for a week now, and I see no shrinkage and chipping. I recommend using a good polish underneath for it to last. Not only that, it's fun having nail art that is made easy.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals
Black Butterfly
Black Feather
Black Flower Lacy
Black Rose
Blue Wings Butterfly
Cartoon Owl
Chinese Ink Painting
Feather
Line Flower
Triangle Diamond Shape
UR SUGAR Water Decal in #101-104
White Floral Pattern
Zipper in Silver


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise yo though if more than 10 readers use the code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...