Friday, May 18, 2018

Christie Brinkley Strobe Show Natural Glow Stick Highlighter in Pinked

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to receive some products from Christie Brinkley.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Christie Brinkley Lip Beautifully Moisture-Rich Lipstick in Stunner (top right), and Christie Brinkley Cheek Chic Color and Contour Powder Blush in Posh (bottom right). For this post, I will review the highlighter on the top left.

Where to purchase: online at christiebrinkleyauthenticbeauty.com
Price: $22 for 0.3 oz/ 9.4 g

Description from the package: This universal highlighter incorporates light-reflecting optics which instantly brighten and add a lit-from-within luminosity to skin. The soft, subtle finish provides dimension and leaves skin with a delicate, dewy glow. The creamy, conditioning formula melts on contact with body heat and glides on, blends beautifully and is suitable for all skin types. Paraben-free and oil-free, the formula is ideal for wearing over bare skin or as a complement to foundation.
Ingredients:
Diisopropyl Adipate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Diheptyl Succinate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, Silica, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tin Oxide, May Contain (+/-) : Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)
Thoughts: When I was younger, I was not a fan of skin that glow. I thought it aged people and made people pay attention to the face. Now that I'm older I realized when the face glows, it makes you look younger. Plus, it helps it's one of the trend when it comes to makeup. For this particular reason, I was excited to try this product.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's the quantity of the product. I pulled it all the way up.
Here's a swatch of the highlighter on y hand.
Here's how the highlighter looks on my cheeks. I applied it on the high points of the cheeks and the tip of the nose.
Here's an overall look. I have Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes and Lawless Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick in George on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a slight scent. It smells like plant. Secondly, I like the packaging. I've been a fan of the packaging since the first product I reviewed, Christie Brinkley Lip Beautifully Moisture-Rich Lipstick in Stunner. The color is gorgeous and it looks high-end. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of plastic. The top is also sturdy. I hear a clicking noise when I close the top. I also feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Since the highlighter is in a tube, it's easy to grab with one hand. It's also small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. I'm not too sure if I got a bad batch but the highlighter feels loose inside the tube. Whenever I shake the tube, I can feel a loose product. Even though I feel a loose product, it's not loose at all. No matter how hard I shake the tube even without the top, the highlighter does not come out. Third, the consistency is creamy and powdery. I know that sounds contradicting. It applies creamy. The issues I have with creamy products is that once it's applied onto my dry skin, it's hard to blend. It feels like I'm rubbing my skin and I feel the tugging. It doesn't feel that way with this particular product. Once it's on the skin, it feels powdery. It's easy to blend and I don't feel any tugging whatsoever. I'm pretty impressed. For this reason, it's great on all skin types. It all depends how much you apply the product. If you apply lightly, it leaves a nice soft glow. If you layer several times, the glow is bright. With that said, it's extremely easy to use. I used my fingers, but you can use a brush or a beauty sponge. It is up to the individual. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's more a silver sheen with slight pink. I see more silver than pink. It depends on the angle. At certain angle, you see more pink than other angles. For this reason, it's great all over the face and year round. Pigmentation-wise it's pigmented. I wouldn't say the most pigmented. I did layer it two times on the high points of the cheeks and the tip of my nose. Lastly, it lasted all day long. Since I have dry skin, most products do. It's comfortable, light, and not drying at all. I'm glad I got this product. It's definitely the best creamy product I own. It doesn't tug on my skin!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Gorgeous, high-end looking packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Top is sturdy; clicking noise when close and feel a tight seal when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to grab with one hand.
* Creamy and powdery consistency.
* Easy to blend.
* No tugging whatsoever.
* Great on all skin types.
* Easy to build up color.
* Easy to use.
* Gorgeous color.
* Great all over the face.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Light weight.
* Not drying.
* Lasted all day long.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* When shaken, it feels loose.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Christie Brinkley products reviewed/swatch:
Cheek Chic Color and Contour Powder Blush
Posh
Lip Beautifully Moisture-Rich Lipstick

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...