Friday, May 11, 2018

Lawless Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick in George

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

n March 2018, I purchase some products from Sephora.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip product on the left.
Product Review: Lawless Soft Matte Liquid Lipstick in George

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at lawlessbeauty.com
Price: $25 for 0.25 fl oz/ 7.5 mL

Made in USA

Description from the website: A high-pigment, ultra nourishing, soft matte liquid lipstick, with a smooth finish and lightweight comfort. This buildable formula hydrates the lips with natural emollient ingredients to provide a long-wearing, yet indulgently creamy experience. This breakthrough formula does not cake or crack, and fades evenly so you can effortlessly re-apply on the go.
Ingredients:
Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Kaolin, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ozokerite, Hydrated Silica, Oryza Sativa Powder, Plumeria Acutifolia Flower Extract, Capri Cap, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Tridecane, Propylene Carbonate, Lauryl Olivate, Dilinoleic Acid/Propanediol Copolymer, Undecane, Phytosteryl Sunflowerseedate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides, Natural Flavor, Black Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Red Iron Oxide, Yellow Iron Oxide, Red 7 Calcium Lake.
Thoughts: When I first saw this online, I had to purchase one. To be honest, this color drew me in the most. It's my typical color but the name did not. My brother's name is George and the thought of applying it on the lips did not turn me on. After this review, I'm not going to pay attention to the name.
Here's a closer look at the packaging.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "warm taupe nude." I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a swatch of the lip color on my hand.
Here's how the color looks on me.
Here's an overall look. I have Too Faced Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. It's hard to say what the smell is. All I can say it's refreshing and very spring/summer-like. I just sniffed the product and I cannot distinguish the smell. It reminds me of fresh plants. With that said, it's not overwhelming at all. Secondly, I like the packaging. To be honest, what drew me was the packaging. It's simple and looks high-end. I like the simple, cloudy tube with the color peaking through. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also thin enough to hold with one hand. It's easy to throw in your purse, bag, and even put in your pocket. The doe foot applicator looks like a lot of the liquid lipsticks out in the market. The only thing is the slight slant at the tip is smaller than most that I have tried. I actually like the slight slant. It's easy to outline the lips without going over. It's also easy to make a perfect outline on the lips and fill the remaining of the lips. Third, the consistency is more a creamy texture than a liquid lipstick. It goes on smoothly and there's no tugging whatsoever on the lips. With that said, it's easy to use. Since it's a liquid lipstick, I do recommending exfoliating the lips before using this product. It will show your imperfects. To be honest, it's not as bad as other liquid lipsticks. It shows the dry chapped lips and slight lines. It definitely does not express the thick lines which is a huge plus for me. I'm not a big fan of my thick lines. It's light weight and dries matte quickly. I would say about a minute or two. If you're looking for transfer-proof lip product, this isn't it. It's more a creamy lipstick in a tube than a transfer-proof liquid lipstick. Fourth, the color is pretty. It looks natural and great during the day. It's great all year round and for work. Pigmentation-wise it's up there but it's not the most pigmented. One layer is good enough to show on my skin. Lastly, it lasts until I eat. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth. For this particular reason, most lip products don't last. It's extremely comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm glad I bought this product. The color is really pretty and I can see myself wearing it often.

Pros:
* Slight, refreshing scent while applying.
* Simple, high-end looking packaging.
* Cloudy tube with color peaking through.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Top is also sturdy; feel a tight seal when you open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to hold with one hand.
* Slight slant at the tip makes it easy to outline the lips and fill in the remaining.
* Creamy consistency.
* Goes on smoothly.
* No tugging on the lips.
* Easy to use.
* Does not express the thick lines.
* Light weight.
* Dries matte quickly.
* Gorgeous, natural color.
* Great all year round.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate.
* Paraben-free.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Not transfer-proof.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...