Monday, May 7, 2018

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Dessert Water Decal

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty.
Here's my haul. I already reviewed Born Pretty Mirror Polish in #BPMM06 Perhaps Purple (top left) and Born Pretty Tint Top Coat in #DH04 Ultra Volet (top right). For this post, I will review the water decal on the bottom right.
This is Born Pretty Dessert Water Decal. Since I did a thorough review of Born Pretty Blue Wings Butterfly Water Decal, I will base this on that. It retails for $0.99 and it's described as...

"Specification:
100% brand new
Quantity: 1 Sheet
Pattern: as the picture shows

Package Contents:
1 Sheet Born Pretty Nail Art Water Decals Transfer Sticker

Nails Application:
1. Shape the nail with a nail file, buff and smooth the nail with a nail buffer.
2. Apply the base color polish, wait it dry.
3. Remove the film of product, cut out the pattern you like and soak it into water for 10-20 seconds.
4. Moisten the fingernails, slide the pattern and place it in suitable position.
5. Cut off the redundant part of pattern.
6. Seal with top coat for better result.

Warning: Keep out of reach of Children."
Here's a closer look at water decal.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original and Butter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat on all my nails. Then 2 coats of INGLOT in #390 on my thumb, index, and pinkie fingers. Then I applied 2 coats of OPI in Alpine Snow on my middle and ring fingers. I topped all my nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.
Here's how my other hand looks.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's two different patterns. One is more colorful than the other. There's pink, turquoise, and so on. The other pattern is more tan/brown. I used the colorful pattern. Each pattern there are eight rectangles, four on each row. Each rectangle is for one nail bed. Since I have small nail beds for the rectangle, I cut the designs from one rectangle to apply onto three fingers. You can cover the whole nail bed or do what I did cut each design. It is up to the individual. The nail art will be endless. You can have different polishes, apply the designs differently, and so on. Secondly and whenever I have a chance to review for Born Pretty, I choose water decals. It's just easy to use. I just cut around the designs and grab with a Tweezer. Then I dip the design into water. After several seconds to a minute, I take the design out of the water. Since it's wet, I push the decal off the backing. I grab the design with Tweezer and apply it onto the nail beds. The hardest part for me is laying it down on my nail beds. You need to do it slowly and carefully. If you don't have the patience like I do, it doesn't lay on top of the area you wanted. For example, I was aiming the strawberry dead center but it ended up going to the side of the nail bed. It worked out because I ended up liking it on the side of the nail bed. Then I top the decal with top coat. Third, the designs are cute! It's great all year round depending how you design your nail art. With that said, it's great for young to older adults. Lastly, it lasts until the nail chips or you remove it. From my experience, water decals last longer than stickers. For this reason, I prefer water decals. I'm so glad I got this one. It's fun, cute, and just plain easy to work with.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes
Stamping Plates/Tools
Water Decals
Black Butterfly
Black Feather
Black Flower Lacy
Black Rose
Blue Wings Butterfly
Cartoon Owl
Chinese Ink Painting
Feather
Line Flower
Triangle Diamond Shape
UR SUGAR Water Decal in #101-104
White Floral Pattern
Zipper in Silver


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise yo though if more than 10 readers use the code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...