Monday, May 21, 2018

Manicure Monday: Kokie in Heavenly

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In March 2018, I went to Generation Beauty LA with a friend. Before we even got inside, they gave us our swag bag.

Here are the products inside the swag bag. I already reviewed derma e Nourishing Rose Cleansing Oil (top left). For this post, I will review the polish from Kokie on the top middle.
Here are the products I got throughout the day. I already reviewed Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara (bottom left). I received another Kokie product at the booth on the bottom middle.
Here are the two Kokie products I got that day. For this post, I will review the polish on the right.
Product Review: Kokie in #NP49 Heavenly

Where to purchase: Rite Aid and online at kokiecosmetics.com
Price: $6 for 16 mL/ 54 fl oz

Made in USA

Description from the website: Finally, a classic nail polish that isn't boring! These eye-catching, super chic polishes will have you swooning. Our instantly recognizable bottles contain a user-friendly slender brush, ensuring each application is perfectly effortless. With a 3-Free formula, up to 5 days of wear, and a bounty of colors to choose from, they'll keep you coming back for more!

* 3-Free
* Up to 5 days of water
* Endless array of shades
Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates, Copolymer, Silica , Benzophenone-1, Dibenzoate, Tin Oxide, Trimethylpentanediyl, Mica, (+/-): CI77891, CI42090, CI19140, CI15850, CI77499, CI77007, CI77510, CI15880, CI77491, CI77266
Thoughts: I have never tried this brand and for that reason, I'm excited to see what it is about.
Here's a closer look at the color. It's darker on the nails than in the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width is slightly thinner. I would say it's in-between thin to medium. The length is also slightly shorter but not by much.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of Kokie in Heavenly, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the width of the brush is in-between thin to medium. It's not a brush I tend to reach for but this one was actually okay. It was easy to paint around the cuticles and the sides. The reason why I don't like thin brushes is the amount of strokes per nail. The consistency of this particular polish is not on the thin side. For this reason, the strokes was not thin as well. It wasn't three strokes and I move onto the next nail. It's a little bit more but it spread easily on the nail beds. It was just quick. Secondly, I love the packaging. I really love the black and white top, and the cute elephant. It stands out next to my other polishes. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For this reason, it's travel-friendly. It's also easy to grab with one hand. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. It's not too thin that it runs everywhere. It's also not that thick that it dries quickly. It is on a thicker side than most, but not by much. From my experience thicker polishes become harder to work with time. It's easy the first several nails and then harder/clumpy with the remaining. This polish did not get thick at all. I was impressed because most pastel polishes tend to get thick. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's a pretty periwinkle color. I would say it's more on the purple than blue. It's a gorgeous spring/summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. Two coats was good enough for my nails. You can also do one thick coat. It is up to you. Lastly, I did not see any shrinkage whatsoever. I did see chipping on the sides of the tips on fourth day. I'm so glad I got to try this brand and polish. I became a fan!

Pros:
* Brush is easy to work with.
* Easy to paint around the cuticles and sides.
* Polish spreads easily on the nail beds.
* Adorable black and white stripes, and elephant icon.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top; feel a tight seal when I open and close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Easy to grab with one hand.
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Does not dry quickly.
* Did not get thick/clump.
* Went on smoothly.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Gorgeous spring/summer color.
* Pigmented.
* No shrinkage whatsoever.
* Chipping on the fourth day.

Cons:
* Can be hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...