Monday, May 28, 2018

Manicure Monday: OPI in Let's Be Friends!, Hello Kitty by OPI Collection 2016

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Growing up I was never a fan of Hello Kitty. Now that I'm older, I love Hello Kitty. When Hello Kitty by OPI Collection came out, I grabbed several from OPI.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed OPI in Super Cute in Pink (third from the left), OPI in Spoken from the Heart (fifth from the left), OPI in Small + Cute = Heart (second from left), and OPI in Look at My Bow! (first from left). For this post, I will review the fourth one from the left.
This is OPI in Let's Be Friends! Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that. Unfortunately, it's not on the website anymore.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This is my favorite brush for the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalButter London Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat, 2 coats of OPI in Let's Be Friends!, and then topped all the nails with Butter London Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I love OPI brushes. They are wide enough to do three strokes and move onto the next nail. With that said, it was easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. Secondly, I love the packaging. What draws me in is actually the cute top. Who doesn't like Hello Kitty. Even though it's cute, it looks professional. With that said, it's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open and close. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's a decent size and easy to grab with one hand. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not too thick that it's hard to work with. It's also not too thin that it's running on the sides. It's a perfect consistency. I was impressed because I thought it would be on the thicker side. From my experience, pastel colors tend to be thick or get thicker with usage. This wasn't and it didn't get thick towards the end of painting. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is pretty. It's a great spring/summer color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but two layers were good enough for me. Lastly, there's no shrinkage whatsoever. I saw chipping on the sides of the tips on the fourth day but it's barely noticeable. I only noticed because I examine my nails in daily basis. If I didn't, I wouldn't have seen the chipping. I'm glad I got this color. It's really pretty and I got compliments!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Alpine Snow
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...